Sunday, May 9, 2010

Something Strange Skit written by Katie Heck


Something Strange Skit by Katie Heck

Cast: 2 m, 2 f, or 1 m, 3 f

(Harold, Ethel, and Gertrude are sitting at a table. Max enters, carrying teapot, and sets it on the table. He bows and stands in the back. Ethel pours tea. Gertrude takes a sip.)

Gertrude: This tea is quite good, Ethel.

Ethel: Thank you, Gertrude. How is your new maid working out?

Gertrude: Terrible! I had to let her go.

Harold: Oh Gertrude, tell me she didn’t steal anything.

Gertrude: Of course not. I caught her using tap water for my tea.

Harold and Ethel: (Gasp)

Harold: No!

Gertrude: Yes, and she forgot to iron my curtains.

Ethel: It is so hard to find good help these days. (Max rolls his eyes.)

Harold: I know! I’m still looking for a new cook. I’ve tried so many, but their culinary skills were awful.

Ethel: Well, all I know is that I have the best butler on the earth. (Yells) Max! (Max walks over and leans toward Ethel.) Close the window, Max, it’s time. (Max goes over and closes the window.) Shall we begin! (Harold and Gertrude nod.) Very well. Harold, would you begin?

Harold: As you wish. (Harold focuses really hard and farts. Max waves hand in front of his nose.)

Gertrude: Oh, Harold, that was terrible!

Harold: I know, I’m so sorry, I’m so embarrassed! I can’t believe I did that!

Gertrude: Harold, you should be ashamed. (She farts really loudly. Harold and Ethel pause and look at her, surprised. Max clutches his throat.)

Ethel: Gertrude! I didn’t know that you had it in you. That was far better than Harold, but now it’s my turn. (She farts louder and longer. The others clap with Max trying to breathe and passes out on the floor.)

Harold: Congratulations, Ethel! You made Max pass out again!

Gertrude: Yes. I say that this time we shave his eyebrows!

Ethel: That sounds nice, and I will expect your payments.

Harold: Wait! I want a rematch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Snide remarks?...don't answer that last question.